Monday, January 5, 2009

A Tribute/ First Music Visual

Music.

It's memory.

My dad has a very strong sense for music. He never tells me but I know that it is one thing he holds in his heart. My dad grew up in the times of real music; blues, soul music, classic rock and mellow tones. He has always liked songs with meaningful lyrics, you would never see him listening to a screamo song by 'alexisonfire.' I grew up inheriting his taste in music and he inspired me to listen to some oldies songs like, Hotel California (The Eagles), Dream a little dream (The Mamas and The Papas: Mama Cass sang it), Crazy for this Girl (Evan & Jaron), Torn (Natalie Imbruglia) and so many more memorable ballads that my dad would listen to nonstop (and sing along). I sang along too, whenever he played Dream a little dream I imagined me almost being a princess walking through a secret garden with white terraces and green canopies trapping me in it's graceful foliage. I thought the personed i imagined was so beautiful and especially when the vision sang, it was perfect. Only I thought of it this way, and only I significantly remembered it.

So that was my first music 'visial' on this blog. Ask me about some songs, I know alot of popular ones. I will probably do another song and incorporate a tribute to a friend in it.

Don't be distant!

No comments:

Post a Comment